The mayor of Yecla announces a new package of measures that add to those announced last week and which includes a moratorium for the payment of municipal taxes
Farmers join this wave of solidarity and will carry out regular disinfection of all the streets of Yecla
The mayor of Yecla, Marcos Ortuño, has appeared again this Monday at a press conference, an appearance that has been carried out telematically, this time to announce the increase in the measures that are being implemented at the municipal level with the sole objective of improve in the fight against COVID-19 and facilitate, as much as possible, the lives of all Yeclanos.
"First of all, I want to congratulate the people of Yecla for their responsibility and for their solidarity," said Marcos Ortuño, and it is that the samples of solidarity of the Yeclanos are being many.
Perhaps the most notable is the manufacture of tens of thousands of masks by companies in our town.
To this measure is also added the procedure for disinfecting the streets of Yecla carried out by our farmers.
Marcos Ortuño has continued to develop a package of measures that we can summarize in six main points:
1. Distribution of 20,000 masks manufactured by Yeclan companies for the entire population of Yecla.
"Masks that will be distributed door to door by Civil Protection volunteers so that nobody has to move to collect these protections," said the mayor of Yecla.
2. Assistance plan for elderly people who for any reason are unable to go out to make the main purchases of both food and medicine.
If you want to contact this service you must do so on the phone number 629 92 54 74
3. Offer to the health authorities of the Furniture Fair Enclosure so that if necessary it could be enabled as a hospital.
4. Suppression of the ORA in the car park on the streets of the center of Yecla.
5. Plan for cleaning and disinfecting the streets of Yecla, which will be reinforced by the collaboration of Yecla's farmers.
6. Moratorium on the payment of all municipal taxes, to which will be added the refund to all users of the amount of services not provided.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Yecla